Saturday, September 13, 2008

Junkie

When we first met
I was caught off-guard
You were instantly injected into my veins
Injected as a lethargic drug
You slowly coursed through me
To every possible root in my soul.
The utterances I’ve longed for, spoken on cue
Took shots ‘til dependency on the dose
The cure became the culpritToo far down to treatI surrendered to the addiction

And it was always like that
Always me and you
Always the two of us

They say better two than one
Two heads are better than one
Table for two
“Two please” at the movie counter
One tea and a coffee
I wanted it to stay that way
And planned a life for two

Then the wheels of life turned
And now everything is upside right up down
Now always one set of utensils
One ticket to the movies
One cup of coffee and… well….just one cup of coffee

But I am never alone
There is still two
There’s me
And then there’s always the presence of your absence that keeps me company
Always in discomfort from a craving that cannot be satiated
But nobody dies of that right?

Was reaching out for you as impossible as wishing on a starI close my eyes and with every breath and strength I find in me
Decide to fly with wings of words to you
Me on paper, stamped and sealed
But never delivered

No comments:

Post a Comment