Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Response to Love Letter.

I was accused of casting a love spell.
Here is my reply:

I have her eating out of my palm, she said.
I be the Charmer and she be the snake out of the basket.
Addictive she says...
They way I bring coffee to her at work in the moring.
The way I make love to her at night.
The way I slip love notes.
The way I express my feelings in poems.
A black magic woman possesing her she says.
Stop she says I would cause it is her request
But I do not know how.
What strange effect meeting her has had on me.
I cannot be anything else as I am now.

ONce the hunter now the hunted,
haunted by her.
I will do anything to see her smile like that.
That tempest smile that makes me get coffee
Those lips'signature curl that make me write
I find a reason to fall deeper in love
On every road I took to escape her.

Now you tell me who bewitched who!
I who must labor to conjure a smile form you
Or you who need not do anything but smile.
You tell me who is bewitched!

No comments:

Post a Comment