Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Face the Music

Some of the women in my life,actually most of them, have come and gone without even leaving any distinguishable footprints. Sadly they were like the passing melodies of song over the radio. I hear it over the radio while driving, and I love it so much I crank it up till my ear drums are almost gonna pop. I am so immersed into the song, I'm humming along, I'm tapping the steering wheel but when the song is over, IT'S OVER, gone like it never even existed. I can't really remember the song I was rocking to that morning, can't rememeber how it started. All I remember is that I felt good listening to some song over the radio. Exactly like that song over the radio, All I have, all I am left with is the echo of the feeling but not the girl.

But there is and possibly was a woman who stuck to me like a "Last Song Syndrome". Believe me the song is never over, well at least not until a new song comes along. But until then you're stuck with it. Lucky if its some nice classy song that you genuinely like.

However it can be a bit irritating for those who have no control over the music they hear in the cab on the way to work. Sometimes its the corniest and the poorest excuse for a song or music but you end up singing it anyway. Like magic, the verses and the chorus just come to you automatically."Like kong chi kong chi ne ne ne" It was everywhere during CNY.

But like a supernova, it lights up the whole sky but only for a moment. It never really does last and is quickly replaced by the next song we choose to listen to. Nothing more than a binge of some sort.


There is this one, possibly one song that epitomises everything that you were are and ever will be. The evergreens, your OST. No matter what happens it will always strum the special chords that you will always tune in to. Sometimes we find different people who can sing them but we still ulimately pick out our favorite versions. And we keep playing it to the point of exhaustion, we take a break but then eventually like a curse you'll find yourself back there AGAIN. Listening to those songs again.

Eventually that one comes along. ONe whose original version can never be topped by a remake. Song and Singer are inseperable as if the melody would only be heard if it escapes through those particular lips. The entire thing making a slave of your senses. It can be overwhelming. You feel like you could listen forever. The fat lady and her aria. The notes put you in a trance and you hope that the fat lady never stops singing...

*put cd player on automatic replay

No comments:

Post a Comment