Saturday, September 13, 2008

5 more minutues

“5 More Minutes”081308

I sit here helplessly waiting for 5 mins to pass.
The seconds slowly crawl by.
I struggle with the frustration of watching the five minute fuse burn.
I documented each moment and passing sensation in my head.

The sun started a new day by dethroning the weary moon.
The earth’s sun kissed face glowed in a shade of warm gold and amber.
You reached over to pull me closer to you.
My eyes opened with raindrops falling within.
I didn’t know when we would be like this again.
You seem like a returning tourist in my life
The sleeping day’s awakening came quickly.
The golden arms of the sun embraced me and stripped me of the dark blanket of night
I was cold and naked on your bed.
In consolation,
The sun beams kissed my eyes open as the refreshing morning light wind
Caressed the rich black strands of my hair
It softly coaxed me in whispers to rise from deep sleep
And in reply to the soft sigh of the morning I said
“Nay! Not Yet! I beg you leave me be, for still I am int eh perfect dream,
On the shores of paradise during the hours of twilight.”
Couldn’t the morning go away and come again on some other night?
A night when I await a visit and long to pull the sun into an earlier rising.
A night when I laze not in loving arms

The alarm goes off.
I reset it for the 6th time
5 more mins…

No comments:

Post a Comment