Thursday, November 15, 2007

Sleepyheads

Like all the fallen autumn leaves
I've raked in the garden round back
I'd gather you in my arms right now
And pile you up on my lap

Hold you so close, Swirl on your shoulder
Like a young whirlwind in the spring
Blow away the worries that have latched onto you
Erase the lines and scratches of things so tiring

Slowly, I'll dance on your skin
Until you melt underneath my touch
You'd be a big puddle of June raindrops
Held by the glassy basin of my arms as such

Here we are again
You almost asleep, soft as a tear
Hera we are again
Me half-sleepy, cradling you right now, right here

In the solace of the silent corner
Of the home that we have built
I'd place us on the window sill
And look at the earth's oceanic quilt

The sea sings you a lullaby and I sing along
sleep little baby,
the water all still
sleep little baby
the now bowl a-fill
Sleep....
Asleep...
Together on the window sill

No comments:

Post a Comment