Sunday, April 17, 2011

Answer in Kisses

Impatiently waiting for her to get ready,
Puffing away on my final cigarette,contemplating on whether I should talk to her. 
No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to make room in my head for thoughts other than unanswerable questions. 
The bedroom door opens.
She’s finally ready to go. "Smoking again?" She said with a little pout.
I smiled and said, “Yes!” in a flat tone and almost whispering. 
I stood and reached out for the keys hanging on top of the light switch holding the I door open for her. 
She looked at me tenderly as she brushed passed my shoulders, right before I closed the door behind us. 
I didn’t know what to make of that look. 
In the car, I contemplated.  
A bottleneck of words in my mouth for the oh-so-many things I want to say but couldn't. 
She kissed my mouth full of questions. 
I suddenly feel ashamed. 
Before she came home from work, I packed and left without a word.
Neither of us needed an explanation. 
There was nothing left to say or save.

No comments:

Post a Comment