Thursday, January 3, 2008

Christmas Gift

Just for a moment can you be strong for me?
Hold me and let your mind believe that
You have the strength to get me through?
In that short amount of time,
Maybe in a kiss or in a tight tangle of arms
Can you be a pillar that I can lean on
A place to rest my back against while I balance the weight of my worries
Be the soft whisper, the calming voice, my oracle, my northern star
The one who tells me that everything is going to be okay
That it’s okay for me to be sad
That it’s okay for me to cry
That it doesn’t matter if I shed a thousand tears at night
Cause in the morning the night will be a dream,
Like it never happened at all
That this dream is not a nightmare that will hound me
Lie to me
LIE TO ME if you need to.
This is the time I need you to lie to me
Tell me you’ll be here even after the morning
I just need to hear it from you
Lie to me even if you don’t want to
Lie to me because you need to
Just this once tell me that all I need is you
That it’s okay that I need you the way I do
That you want to be my world
That you’re strong enough to want to be my everything
Just this once tell me what I want to hear
That your sun and moon rises for me
That I am like no other
That I am the one you’ve been waiting for

Give me that
In exchange
I’ll promise to not believe you
In the morning I’ll be the strong one again

No comments:

Post a Comment