Saturday, March 3, 2012

Freedom from chains


I
I am free
A wild horse that gallops where the wind blows
I don’t need to walk or rest
I want to get more of the 1/3rd that people waste on sleep

I
I am free
A boat sailing without an anchor
I don’t need to know where land is
I'm bound to sail into it anyway

I
I am free
A calendar that reads "today" on every page
Tomorrow never comes and the past is lost forever
All we can really work on is today

I don't like chains, rules, schedules, plans
For they bind, limit and dictate

I....
You...
I with you...
Me…

Me with you
Makes me want to stop speeding all the time
To gallop through the city and trot on the scenic country roads

Though I could stay awake and be the one to switch-on the light of day
At night, I crave the restful pause of peaceful sleep in your arms
That 1/3rd can be 1/2 as long as I am asleep with you

Me with you
A boat bound for a specific port, My dreams a northern star
My sails filled every now and then by the thought of where you are
My eyes set on the shore, having a favorite lighthouse that I long to see

Me with You, freedom, to be anchored to something without feeling chained

You are my yesterday’s dream
My tomorrow ‘s hope
And my every today

No comments:

Post a Comment